Saturday, March 30, 2013

Hares, Bunnies, or Rabbits to Choose From


Easter one day, April the next. 
My the spring calendar really is full!   

Like some songs, poems, and beautiful illustrations right now?  


Thanks to Heidi at "My Juicy Little Universe" for sharing.
http://myjuicylittleuniverse.blogspot.com/
"Gasp," it's only 100 pages long.

I cannot wait to try this American Folk Song with kids
after we return to school following spring break, on April 2nd.

Old Molly Hare
Old Molly Hare, what you doin there?
"Runnin through the cotton patch hard as I can tear."
Bru'r Rabbit, Bru'r Rabbit, what makes your ears so long?
"Cause, by God, they're put on wrong."
Bru'r Rabbit, Bru'r Rabbit, what makes you look so shy?
"Cause my Lord, I don't want to die."
Bru'r Rabbit, Bru'r Rabbit, what makes you look so thin?
"Cause, by God, I'm burning the wind."

No comments: